Coming from abroad?
Moving to another country can be an overwhelming experience. That is why we would like to help you getting ready the best we can. With the checklist below, you are well on your way already.
Before you arrive
It is important to have an settled before arriving in Amsterdam. Finding a room or apartment in Amsterdam can be challenging. Therefore, we advise you to also look in surrounding cities or villages.
Not sure where to look? We can give you tips! Please reach out to us if you are not sure how to find a pace to stay.
Once you arrive, but before you start working
- Register with the local municipality* > How to register in the Amsterdam Area | I amsterdam
- Arrange a local bank account > Opening a bank account | I amsterdam
- Arrange local health insurance* > Health insurance | I amsterdam
- Register with a local doctor and dentist > Doctors in the Amsterdam Area | I amsterdam
- Get connected (arrange telephone, internet, utilities, etc.) > Utilities and maintenance of Amsterdam housing | I amsterdam